2008년 4월 4일 금요일

[Lord of the Flies] 3) The Climax

Question : What is the climax of this novel? What happens? How do events of this novel make you feel?




The climax of the story is when Simon faces the lord of the flies because it reveals the true face of human revealed behind on ego and civilization, which the whole novel’s theme is emphasized on. It is imaginary but Simon feels the lord of the flies speaking to him and fights back at him (it somehow gave me the image of Jesus Christ being tempted by Satan). This is action of his powerful ego fighting against the natural instinct (Id) that tempts him into savagery. Through this action, his realization is determined as ‘the truth’ in this novel that the true terror exists on this earth is we and each other. The events of these stories were interesting to see because author’s imagery and descriptions given were strong. This novel’s event was not unfamiliar because I had a project based on the same theme of this novel (Writing Poetry Portfolio). The actions and events that happened were very reasonable yet complicated which contrasted a mystic mood to the evil instinct revealed. I usually don’t get scared or freaked out by novels but there was one part of this novel that lasts inside me for a long time. It was the scene where this little kid played at the beach and controlled over these sea organism and being happy about it. I don’t know why (sorry) but this part freaked me out. I think that I got stimulated on the idea of human's instinct to gain power.

Thank you for reading my third post
…..My posts are getting shorter… I think I’ve concentrated too much idea onto post 1 and 2. (someone save me)

댓글 없음: